Monday, April 4

Oh April, Why Must You Hate Me?

The month is only four days long and already I've had one monster of a day. It didn't start out that way though. And not all my days have been bad. First, let me back track to day 1.

April 1st, otherwise known as April Fool's Day. I'm too lazy to look up the reason why it's Fool's Day, will someone enlighten me? Anywho.. I did absolutely nothing Friday morning and during the early part of the afternoon. Why? I had to work at 5pm. I pretty much just washed my work clothes. I was listed to be the Runner in our cafe, which means I run the food out to the table once it's ready to go. At first, I pleaded with my Busser (the one who cleans the tables afterwards) to switch with me because it was FRIDAY night and I hadn't had a running shift yet to try out my plate balancing skills (we rarely use the trays to carry out food). He made a good point where I would have to learn sometime and if it did get too hard to handle, that he would be willing to switch only then. As the night would have it, the kitchen backlogged all the orders and he had to do it, if only to get the food out quicker because our kitchen staff is retarded! Needless to say, it was a bad night. Good job April 1st, joke's on me.

Saturday didn't start out bad. In fact, the day was great until I went in to work. I woke up in the morning to find my parents making breakfast.. YUM! Dad was making his famous (in the family and to our friends) potatoes and Mom was making spinach and cheddar cheese omelette's. Freaking delicious dude. So I called up Bear and he joined us for breakfast. On his way here Mom realized that our milk went bad and so I asked him to pick up a thing of milk. Mom wanted to repay him so she tried giving him 5 bucks for the $3.77 half gallon. He refused to take it. Both our families are very nice but stubborn. So began a battle to give it to him without him noticing. Sadly, the $5 slipped into the slider part of his phone didn't work, as he found it after 5 minutes. It seems I had to get a bit sneakier. So I waited until he was just about to leave and I gave him a big ol' hug, I slipped it in his back pocket. I don't know if he's found it yet. He hasn't said anything if he has. Or has he and put it somewhere I don't know? We shall see.

After all that fun I went into work at 4. Work was just a nightmare. I was lead on the auditorium side, which is honestly the more difficult of the lead positions. In concessions you just stock the place and make sure everyone is on register. In the lobby you act as crowd control. In the auditoriums, you have to maintain a set of porters (those who clean the theaters after a movie gets out), restroom porters, seaters (for the movies that are going in because we have assigned seating where I work), a greeter (which is really the only position you don't have to worry about until they go on break), and all the problems that pop up that have to do with seating and guest complaints blah, blah..

Without going into too much detail, it was a bad fucking night.

Sunday, on the other hand was a much better day. I was working with one of my favorite crew members as my lead. She put me as greeter for the day knowing the real shit day I had the day before. Needless to say, I was happy and gave her many hugs for it. I love greeting, you get to stand in front of everyone and get to tell them to sit down, shut up, and keep their feet of the seats. Though the actual greet is worded in a much better and tactful way so as not to offend anyone. Once I got off work I was exhausted. Pretty sure the events of the previous day were catching up to me. I got off work, went home and changed, and went to Bear's. Once there I ate dinner (mmmmmmm pot roast) and fell asleep on his bed.. a few different times. I think I spent about 3 hours napping on and off, sometimes with Bear cuddles against me. Oh he's such a great boyfriend. I couldn't ask for a better man in my life. After I finally got up Bear let me create a character on Rift on a friends server so that we could play with her. Was fun as always. Then had some ice cream and went home to crash.

Today is day 4. I slept a good 8 hours and decided that I wanted to try out my new workout DVD. I love working out, I know I should do it more often. It makes me feel better. Also have to get ready for summer and for the Mud Run this June!

Ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment