Tuesday, January 18

Oh Oh Pick Me!

I woke up well rested today, though something happened again that is starting to baffle me. When I go to sleep at night, I leave my radio through my blu-ray player on. Because of this, I must leave my TV on so that I can hear said radio. For a few nights now when I have woken up, both electronic devices are turned off. It's not every time I go to sleep with them on, only sometimes. Starting to really weird me out. It also happened once when I went to take a shower. I must have only been out of my room for about 45 mins and when I came back, they were off! So weird.

They day started out well. I lazed around in my room with Lexi. Watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'm only on the second book, Earth. I'm really enjoying this series. In fact I may watch another episode before I fall asleep tonight. After that I went to work.

Ah work. The bane of existence for all those who wish to only have fun. Now, when I drive to work I rarely hit traffic. When I drive anywhere, I rarely hit traffic. Today the freeways and streets were PACKED. Good thing that my parents taught me to always leave myself enough time to get to work should something occur that couldn't be planned for. I can get to work and clock on in about 20 minutes, 15 on a really good day. I leave my house 45 minutes early for work. It's a good thing I left myself that 25 minute gap because I nearly needed all of it. I drove, parked, walked, and clocked into work with 2 minutes before I would have been late.

I shall take this moment to thank my Mom and Dad for raising me well.

Upon getting to work I had to figure out real fast how I would proceed with work today. You see, I just joined the crew scheduling team about a month and a half ago. Today would be the first day I would start the process on my own. I didn't do too bad a job, as we began assigning shifts by 2:15pm. I would have liked to be farther along than that, but I think that will just come with practice and a little more planning. By 4:30, we were doing checks to make sure that all the crew had around the same number of days and would have been done had our manager NOT interfered. Last week we had the crew schedule out by 5pm. Our manager even made a point of saying so, I'm sure just doing his best to urge us along. I really just wanted to say, "Look, you want us to be done? Then stop interrupting and let us do the schedule." But I couldn't, so I didn't. He makes too many changes to an already made schedule. I feel like I'm making two different schedules sometimes - ours and his.

I left, or rather was told to go home since we were almost done, at 6:45pm. I was in an impatient mood and there was traffic on the freeway.. at 7pm in the freaking evening! There should be no traffic at this point in the day, but it was on par for the day considering the traffic I ran into in the morning. I went home and chilled for a little, picked up the scrap booking stuff I bought and headed to Bear's. Bear and his family live in a gated community, which means I have to wait at a gate so they can call his house so they make sure he knows I'm coming. With the impatient mood I was in I didn't need the extra 10 minutes sitting in my car waiting to get in when it should have only taken 3 minutes.

Whatever.

When I arrived at Bear's he heated me up some bean stew and let me vent. I hopped up on the counter, ate my soup while sitting up there, and just vented for about 15 minutes. It was just what I needed. Bear always finds a way to cheer me up. Never met a man who can do exactly what I need before I even know I need it before now.

After my venting session we worked on getting pictures together for the continuing scrapbook. I originally made it as a birthday present for him, which he loved. Now we are continuing it with more memories and love. After gathering the pictures we just relaxed and looked through what we had already done. Bear and I.. we have the most wonderful times together. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my life with anyone.

We went downstairs to look for some ice cream or dessert. I was about to dig into the Rocky Road, but I noticed some chocolate fudge bars. I haven't had a fudge bar in years! Bells went off in my head and they went like this - *ding ding ding*

...Wow, sometimes I amuse myself. The really sad thing is that the dings really did go off in head. I have a very strong imagination. Many years ago when my Dad was driving me home from a late soccer practice. I saw someone flick a lit cigarette out the window on the freeway right in front of us. I watched it fly out and land right as we drove over it. My over-active imagination kicked in and I swear I saw our car burst in an explosion from the cigarette somehow making its way into the engine. The visual was so strong that I almost screamed. That would have freaked my dad out.

Anyway, the idea of the fudgescicle sounded better than it tasted. Apparently it was the healthy brand kind. I prefer my unhealthy kind. They taste much better. Aunt Flo also decided to begin her monthly visit. I hate her. Well, I'm glad she's here but I hate what she brings with her. The pain was awful this time around. Bear offered to give me a massage and oh my lord was it amazing. It felt like all the pressure just left from my lower back. Might just have to have him give a massage every time she comes to town.

Time to sleep. Ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment