Sunday, January 16

Some Things And Some Other Things

I haven't written in awhile, mostly because of the lack of motivation I have to write. I've been thinking about it and well.. I write half for myself and half for whoever decides to read the crap that goes on inside my head. I haven't felt like many people have wanted a peek into the depths of my mind, so I stopped writing for a bit. Now the need to write for myself has overwhelmed the desire to write for you. Yay me!

A few nights ago Bear and I returned to a place neither of us has been to in many years - the arcade. Not an arcade at a bowling alley or at a mall, but an ARCADE. You know.. where everyone only cares about playing the games, having fun, beating the shit out of the other guy, or being the scoreboard leader. Tonight we went back again because I was restless and that small taste from a few nights ago got me a little addicted to going to the arcade again. I wanted to go somewhere that I could let out some energy. Do something that required physical activity. What is physically demanding at an arcade, you ask? (I don't care if you did or not, this is my monologue!) I have three letters for you - DDR. Sad but true, it is one of my favorite arcade games. Ever. Yes, I have the game at home. Yes, it would be cheaper to play at home. But it's a whole different experience. The arcade game is loud, flashy, and the dance mats are exactly what I need to play the game. No one to tell me to turn the music down, no one getting in the way of the TV, and I don't have to focus on not stepping on a dog if they decide to step in my way.

Bear, thanks for taking me. It was a wonderful night and a great $3.50 well spent!

There's a few things I must update on. First up - New Years. I wasn't sure how I was going to spend this past New Years Eve and Day. After some failed attempts to get a hold of some people, other people cancelling, and options running out, I ended up partying with my Mom, Dad, and a bunch of my Mom's friends. We had a blast! I got trashed with my Mom's coworker, we played pool all night, and I didn't get home until about 4:45 in the morning. Now that was a VERY fun time. Unexpected is an understatement of epic proportions. Best New Years party I've been to in many, many years. Oh, and Bear kissed me at midnight. That was the first time that I have ever been kissed at midnight on New Years. I don't have many firsts left, and I'm glad Bear was my first, and hopefully only one, that has kissed me at midnight on New Years.

Two things now that include work. First, I'm going to be starting off the scheduling for the following work week by myself until the others come in two hours later than they normally would. This is the first time I'm going to be kicking things off by myself, so I hope I do better than expected. Next is a situation that happened approximately a week ago. I call it the Shit Day From Hell. There's really no need to go into details, but I can honestly say that it was the single worst day I've had since working at the Dream Factory. So bad in fact, that I even had a mini breakdown. Oh well, if one Shit Day From Hell is all I have to put up with each year, I think I'd like to stay working there for awhile.

Now for the exciting one! While working yesterday, I met one of my favorite comedians and somehow managed to get put on his personal guest list for two tickets to see his show in two weeks! Who is this mystery person, you ask? (Remember, MY monologue!) Christopher Titus. Christopher fucking Titus!! *squealhappydancezomgfalls*

Also, I'm finally off academic probation at school. Yay! Now it's just a matter of crashing classes once again. Fun times.

So, that's an update on my life. I feel better now that I've written all the stuff since New Years. I've been trying to motivate myself to write again, but I guess I just needed a little exercise to get the creative juices flowing! I may have found my inspiration... any kind of physical activity. Preferably something outdoors and away from home. I should exercise more often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment