Thursday, February 10

Gift Idea

I'm nervous.

I've been debating for awhile what to get Bear for a combined Valentine's Day/1 year anniversary gift. I was clueless. He keeps a journal, so for Christmas I bought him a leather bound one with a ambigram on the front. It was beautiful. To complete the gift, my parents bought him a fountain pen. He was so happy and wanted me to make the first entry. After much resistance, I made the first entry. He loved it. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it, letting him so far into my head. I'm very self-conscious about myself. I've never really let anyone in after my first experience with heartbreak. With betrayal. With Bear though.. it just feels right to let him in. A better man I have never met than Bear. Little by little, I'm opening up to him. Letting him into that deep part of me I keep hidden from everyone else, even from Boots sometimes.

So, I've been looking for something to get him. I've pretty much covered many of the gift bases with the things I have gotten him already. Most memorably the scrapbook and the journal. He's a man of the more.. sentimental value. He always said that if there was a fire and he had to save something, it wouldn't be his computer or his thousand DVD collection. He would save his journals. Those are his memories and worth more to him than anything money could buy. I can only hope our scrapbook has made it onto that list of objects he would save. I know I would.

Which brings me to my main point: the gift I actually bought him. It's a pocket watch. Now I've seen a watch or two in his room but he doesn't have one like this. I asked a few people their opinions and they liked the gift. I asked Boots and she said she wasn't sure because she didnt' know his tastes in watches or if he wore them, and said I should ask Tall Boy. Which of course was a genius idea. He is Bear's best friend after all. I then texted Tall Boy to ask his opinion. He replied that he hadn't really known Bear to wear watches all that often, but knows that Bear would love anything that I got him. I then replied that while it was true the Bear would love anything I gave him, I wanted him to like the item itself, rather than liking it solely because I gave it to him. Tall Boy then said that maybe I'll be the reason for Bear to start wearing watches.

*sigh*

The pocket watch will be here by Monday, which coincidentally is also Valentine's Day. It's a gamble and here's hoping I'll role a 7.

On a different gift note, I'm hoping that my other gift, this one for the both of us, will arrive on Monday as well. I ordered this one two days prior to the pocket watch. Let's just say it's an.. intimate gift for the both of us, teehee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment