Monday, May 16

Thoughts, Vol. ?

I'm fighting back lots of different emotions right now. Most of them dealing with a root of sadness. It's been there, for weeks on end. I'm coming to a point where I have to deal with why I have these feelings. I'm just scared to. It means talking with the parental units. I don't know how they'll take to my news. No, I'm not pregnant. Though, it does deal with my future. Future education that is. I've written about it before, but it goes a little deeper than what I've let on. I have a major distaste for the formal education I've been exposed to for the past four years. Everything is about making sure that you graduate, not for the reason that you have learned what you've come to learn and are ready for working in the world. No, who would ever want that?

No, they want you to graduate strictly for the fact that they need to make room for new students. This means passing classes with no less than a C average, which means that you really haven't learned much at all in the class. You can sort of talk about the subject that you've taken two or three times. You can graduate with a D in a class if it's not required in your major, the units still count towards the allotted amount you need. It's not about learning anymore, it's a damn factory line and they aren't producing anything good anymore.

It's depressing.

I think I'd need something, some outlet. I'm trying some more creative stuff, I'm hoping that will help. The focus it takes to do some of those more creative projects is ideal for peace of mind.

I need some peace of mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment