Thursday, July 8

Lazy Bum

Exactly what the title suggests, I have been a lazy bum.  I've been up to things, but for the most part I haven't.  At least nothing that would have kept me from writing down what's been going on in my life.  Several things have happened this past month.  The birth of my niece for example.  Oh she's such the cutest thing.  I want to die of cuteness everytime I'm around her. 

The World Cup started this month and I'm uber addicted to watching it.  If anyone would have told me that Spain and the Netherlands would battle it out in the final, I would have laughed at them.  I was pleasantly surprised that the USA won their group to advance and was very happy for us.  Germany broke my heart in that semi-final match against Spain.  Germany was the better team, but they played like shit against Spain.  They had no rhythm with each other and Spain looked like they just wanted it more.  By the time the Germany players got in sync with each other, it was too late.  Spain had their number and once they scored, only had to play defense to keep Germany from scoring. For the final though, I will be cheering on Netherlands for the win.  They came out of left field this tournament and have been upsetting some major teams, including Brazil.  Whatever the outcome, it's sure to be a good match because this World Cup will have a brand new champion!

Working at the Dream Factory has been quite an experience.  I do like working there because they hours they give me are amazing.  According to other people it's not that many, but to me it's a lot because my last job only gave me 4.5 hours a week for several months.  So if the least I get is 16 hours a week, I'm perfectly fine with that.  

My summer soccer season began this month as well.  Sadly I've only gotten to play two of the games out of five now I think.  Luckily this Saturday I'll be able to play once again.  And only one more game after that until playoffs.  Every team is garunteed at least one playoff game, which is kind of nice.  My team this year though.. I don't like them very much.  They are only about 5-6 players I like.  Everyone else has a shitty attitude and wants to play dirty.  There's a big difference between playing hard and with passion than playing dirty.  

Summer classes have also started this month.  I'm taking two classes.  One is Individual and Family Development and the other is Music in Film.  Both are interesting classes.  Whole 16 week semester's worth on knowledged crammed into six wonderful weeks during the summer. Should be fun!

Did I cover everything? I think so. Off to the Griffith Park night hike. Lots of fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment