Saturday, July 31

Drained

Man I'm just tired today.  Yesterday I had a very long day.  Woke up around 6am to go to work at 8am.  Work was alright.  I was opening snack bar at the Dream Factory.  Luckily they had another girl come in an hour after me and I was sent back to make cramel corn.  I love making caramel corn!  I'm getting pretty quick at it too.  It takes three large batches or four medium to small ones to make one bag.  There are two popcorn hoppers in the machine to make caramel corn.  At first I could only use one, but I'm learnign to use two.  I'm not very quick with two yet, but using two is definately faster than using only one. I cranked out three bags in 3 hours. I would have set a record for bags had I not got called back into snack bar and someone else took over caramel corn and only made on bag for the entirety of their shift there. Made me a bit sad too.  I was having fun making caramel corn.  But apparently I served Sam Rockwell while in snack bar.  

After I got off of work at 4pm, my parents wanted to go see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which started at 5:20pm.  They came a little bit early and had dinner at the El Torito Grill downstairs from the Dream Factory, so I joined them after getting tickets.  I had this Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup that sounded different.  It was delicious.  We then went to go watch the movie.  It was ok.  It was entertaining in spots, but other than that, the movie was really nothing special at all.  Nicholas Cage is once again a disappointment.  I also ate too much caramel corn, spice drops and jellybeans.  Later in the night I would come to regret that.  By the time the movie got out, it was 7:20pm.  I have been at work for almost 12 hours.. not fun.  I was very exhausted.  I had wanted to go out to a club for a friend's going away party, but I was just too tired.  It bites because it was a club I had always wanted to go to.

I ended up talking with Bear and going over to his place for a little bit.  I had debated calling him to come pick me up cause I was exhausted, but I ended up driving over there.  I figured he had been at work and had already driven a lot today, so I drove myself.  We talked awhile, laid on the bed and just caught up with each others days and lives.  They just repainted his room so he's been busy putting it back together.  At one point I passed out on his bed for like 40 minutes.  He let me sleep cause he knew how tired I was.  Which was perfectly fine with me.  He entertained himself by getting immersed with Starcraft2.  He woke me up around 10:50pm and said I should probably start getting ready to go home, I did have a game at 8am after all.  When I was finally ready to go he handed me the rest of my water, which I gladly chugged cause I was so thirsty.  That proved to be my mistake.

As I drove home, I started feeling very queasy.  It takes me 15 mins or less to drive home.  Considering how late it was, it took me barely 10 minutes to get home.  Those 10 minutes were hell.  I was nearly crying by the time I got off the freeway with trying to keep myself from tossing my dinner in the car.  I walked into my house and my mom was sitting on the couch watching streaming Netflix and she gave me a puzzled look when she saw tears streaming down my face.  I told her that I was feeling very gross and sick.  She advised me to just go throw up, which was my plan.  Off to the bathroom and vomit appeared in the toilet.  

Damn, praying to the porcelain gods and I haven't even touched alcohol.  So not fair.  

I woke up this morning and felt so gross.  Woke up later than I wanted to, but I so needed the extra sleep.  Meant to eat a piece of toast before I left for my game, but I left it in the toaster.  So I didn't eat anything before the game and my body is still recovering from last night.  Even during the game when I was thirsty, I couldn't drink water fast or I would upset mystomach again.  The game was alright.  I hated the refs.  Why is it that only morons volunteer for these things? We lost 2-1.  The league is just for fun and it's hard to have fun when the refs have worse attitudes that the players.  Losing means that we play next week at 10am in the 3rd/4th place game.  Not bad out of eight teams.

Now I'm at home just trying to relax and get ready for work.  I close at the Dream Factory tonight, which means I won't get off work until 3am.. fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment