Friday, May 28

Late Night Synopsis

For the days of 5.26 and 5.27.

On Wednesday I didn't really do anything worthy of noting until I went to work.  Making money is always worthy of noting in a day's accomplishments.  Work was quite busy that night.  Not only was it the midnight opening of Sex and the City 2, but I met Wayne Brady, and witnessed my managers deal with a very drunk man and his wife. 

Meeting Wayne Brady was the beginning of my interesting night at the Dream Factory.  When I exited the elevator to take over my ticket-taking duties, my coworker was like, “Oh, you’re taking over? Sweet, bye!”  He left me standing there not knowing how things were going or if there were any problems I needed to be on watch for.  Some of the guys who work there just don’t seem to be that organized.  In my private life, I have an aversion to organization.  At work, it’s a necessity that I don’t see much of.  What seemed like not a minute later he returned and asked me if I knew who Wayne Brady was.  My reply, “Who DOESN’T know who Wayne Brady is..”  He then proceeded to tell me about the two membership cards that were on the podium belonged to Mr. Brady and that I had to return them to him when he passed by on his way out.  At first I wasn’t sure if I was having a joke played on me, but it turned out to be true.  Luckily it was a very slow night, so I had no trouble spotting him.  He’s a very pleasant man.  We have to be very professional with the celebrities that come through the Dream Factory, so we can’t act all star struck.  I was very pleased that I stayed professional when returning his possessions back to him, while inwardly I was dancing all around yelling “I’m talking to Wayne Brady! OMG Wayne Brady said thank you to ME!  Wayne Brady asked me a question!”  Yes, sometimes I amuse the hell out of myself.  Meeting a celebrity isn’t really that much a deal, they’re people just like me.  They just happen to have a much more interesting job and.. talent that I don’t possess.  Or maybe I do, I just haven’t tried..  I may never know!  Not much later after meeting the very nice Mr. Wayne Brady did I get to be entertained in my small circle at the ticket-taking podium by a drunken guy who apparently could not produce tickets and insisted that OTHER people were sitting in his and his wife’s seats, so my managers had to kick them out.  See, at the Dream Factory we have assigned seating.  I love that about the place.  This lasted for about 45 minutes.  I decent amount of time.  After that there wasn’t much going on until the craziness of the midnight showings of Sex and the City 2.  Good lord, was that nuts!  I think I said “Hello, how are you?” “Tickets please?” and “You’re going to be in House so-and-so that way” about 1,000 times.  I don’t think I’m exaggerating either.  It was fun though.  After I was off the clock I came home around 1:15 AM and wound down by talking with Mom for a bit.  Once I got my stories from the night unloaded onto her, I took Dexter and Lexie to bed with me and slept.  Best way to sleep, have two living heating blankets.  One at my side and one at my feet.  I love my doggies.

Today there really wasn’t much to do.  I tried working on some writing, but have discovered that I am not meant to do any sort of multi-tasking.  It just doesn’t work out for me.  I’m hooked on watching the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which took up a majority of the day.  It was a day to totally bum it up.  I just cuddled with my doggies, chatted away in the Common Area, and watched my TV series.  I was just biding my time until soccer practice.  I was looking forward to it cause I missed practice on Monday due to work.  It had been drizzling a bit all day, so it was almost perfect soccer playing/practicing weather.  I was in such a good mood.  And my back has been getting better, so I was looking forward to seeing how it would hold up during some contact sport.  Unfortunately I never got to test out my back.  I got to practice on time, which translates into a little early by the teams standards.  Ten minutes passed.  No one had shown up yet which was a little odd because at least two others would have been there by now.  So I called the daughter of the coach to see if practice was still on.  She replied that because it had been raining pretty hard today that there was no practice.  Umm.. raining hard?  Hardly!  Geez, people in southern California get freaked if there’s any chance of rain.  It starts misting and the people around these parts start driving like it’s raining cats and dogs.  Retards.  I was saddened.  I was looking forward to practicing on my long balls and free kicks, as well as doing some running drills and scrimmaging.  I usually don’t look forward to the running aspect of soccer, but I miss it.  It’s an essential part of the game and I wouldn’t miss any of it if I could help it.  Now, maybe not doing as much of running as the professionals, but a little does just fine for me.  I called up Bear because he had mentioned something about getting together tonight.  He came over and helped cheer me up.  He always does.  I think about him and I smile.  Those dreams I had a few nights ago have been on my mind a lot.  I had a friend of mine read them and give me his interpretations of them.  I respect his opinion on these matters and when he told me what he believed them to be about, he hit it right on the nose.  I want to talk to Bear about it since one involves him.  It’s not a bad involvement.  I’m just a little scared because I don’t want to get hurt again.  I said something when bear was over and managed to barely avoid talking about it.  I was being truthful when I told him that my insecurities were showing in the question.  I have no reason to doubt him, but since when have emotions ever been logical?  I’d rather talk to him about it when we’re all alone though.  I tend to cry during discussions about my feelings, whether the feelings are positive or negative, and I don’t want anyone else noticing the red eyes when we’re done.  Bear is right for me, I just need to know I’m right for him.  I guess what I really want to know is if I’m the one for him, but I don’t want to push the subject.  I believe him to be the one for me.  Scary thoughts.  Maybe scary is the wrong word… unnerving maybe?  Still doesn’t exactly feel right.  But I know what I mean.  That’s all that counts, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment