Monday, May 24

New


Staring at an empty screen waiting to be filled with witty words describing my personal thoughts.  This is going to be a writing project for me.  I've always wanted to write.  Been an avid reader since I was very young and love to make up stories.  One of my fondest memories as a child is laying on my parents bed and listening to my Mom read to me The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  I prefer the books to the movies, as usual.  Special effects are great, but nothing compares to the power of the imagination.  Well, the power of the individual imagination I should say.  Movies are one way of bringing the imagination to life for others to see, but it takes the collaboration effort of many.  The creativeness of the individual trumps the creative efforts of many, in my opinion.  I love movies, don't misunderstand, but I love books even more.  

Hmm.. I suppose I should get back to the subject at hand - the reason for this blogs existence.  It is a writing exercise and project for me.  I want to enhance my writing skills as well as improve my vocabulary.  I also need a place where I can be authentic about myself and my thoughts.  Everyone will have nicknames for their real names.  This I got from Dreamer, who should work on her own blog as well.   Why she stopped writing it in is beyond me.  She's very talented when it comes to writing.  

To start off, my name is Bubbles, so called after my "bubbly personality."  The name was given to me seven years ago and it has remained my nickname to this day.  I used to hate it, biting anyone who would dare to call me such.  Today I accept it and I rather enjoy it, too.  It really does describe me.  I'm just your average southern California girl trying to get through life.  Our individual journeys through life are unique and this blog is to help me get through my own.  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment