Friday, October 1

Follow Up

So last Friday wasn't so bad at work.. At least it was a shorter shift. I met up with Boots and her entourage for the night at around midnight and chilled. I was sad that I couldn't join in on the drinking and festivities, but I had to be up and back at work at 9:30am.

On Sat I was dropped off at work so I could be picked up by my friends and go straight to the Muse concert. I was scheduled for snackbar.. eek! At least that was my first thought. It wasn't as horrible as the images in my head as to how the day would go by. I was constantly doing something, but people are so stupid. When did common sense leave the masses? People will stand in line for 5 minutes and have that entire time to look at our menu. Anytime they ask if we have nachos, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, Icees, or a medium sized anything, I just want to look them straight in the eye and say, "Did you even look at the fucking menu?" And for the people who are "members" of our theater, get a damned membership card! I hate taking up so much time looking up 3 different phone numbers, having YOU misspell your last name to me, and finally looking up your email that you registered with just so you can get 3 points on your account. It's a waste of my time, your time, and the time of the 7 groups of people in line behind you. I would appreciate it if you got the card that it takes not 1 second to swipe and avoid all the yelling just to get the points so you can save $5 on something three months down the road.

After I cashed and clocked out, I got ready within minutes and headed downstairs to wait to get picked up by my friends. Tonight was the Muse concert! I was jittery all day in anticipation of the event. I decided to dress up a bit and apparently I did a good job of it because I saw some coworkers on the way down while hey were heading into work and they were like "daaaaaaaaaamn girl." They were both girls, in case you were wondering.

The concert itself was AMAZING. Muse rocked Staples Center like no other. I had a small case of whiplash the next day so work was interesting, but I got to work the caramel corn station so I wasn't complaining. I love making the caramel corn at work. It beats dealing with customers all day and I can confidently say that I'm the best at making caramel corn at work. Not only do I make it well, but I also am the quickest. More than once I've heard the phrase "you're like a machine!" said to me about how fast I make caramel corn. I was thinking about why that was and the reason I've come up with is this - I actually work at making caramel corn. When other people get the shift, they use the time as a way to relax at work and take their time. I make the most of my time in that little cubicle-like station and get done what needs to be done.

After work I rushed home to put the finishing touches on Bear's birthday present. I was making him a scrapbook of all the things we've done since we've been together. I was very nervous to give it to him. Everyone I told about it to get their opinion said he would love it. I had those closest to me help to get started working on the project and I love the way it turned out. When he opened it there was nothing but smiles and laughter coming from him as he flipped through the pages, reminiscing about the times we've had since we met. And they have been nothing but "good times" as Bear would say.

Monday I had the follow-up with my the dermatology department for the state of my cyst, which has pretty much gone away due to the work of the antibiotics. When I had originally gone to see the doctor, it was inflamed and swelled up to the size of a quarter and thick as a small rock. My doctor send a referral to dermatology saying he wanted them to excise it, which is understandable due to the state of it when I first went in. By the time the antibiotics did their job, my skin was smooth and the cyst was just a dark spot under my skin. The dermatologist took a look at it and pretty much said that excising it would not be necessary because these cysts are not typically recurring. Sounds good to me! I don't need to have my armpit cut open and have stitches for a few days. That would have been a pain. I also had gotten my shift covered for that night so, yay, no work for me!

Also on Monday I went to go look at new phones with my mom because mine is literally falling apart. I took good care of that phone, too. I ended up getting the Samsung Reality. Stupid technology, I had to buy a data plan with it costing us $10 more a month even though I don't use internet and other applications on my phone. But apparently the phone wouldn't work without a data plan? Right. Money-grubbing bastards.

Tuesday was class and work. Wednesday was long day of classes and I actually met up with an old high school friend by chance. I have not spoken to her since we graduated and honestly, other than some posts on Facebook, lost all contact with her. We spent an hour and a half before my class on Wednesday catching each other up on the other's life. It was really "mint" as my English online friend would say. We plan to get together soon and go rollerskating. She apparently loves the rink as much as I do!

Last night I spent my girl's night with Boots. We watched Golden Girls, chatted away, watched the new episode of The Big Bang Theory, went to Wal-Mart for photo frames for her and I got new perfume and alarm clock. We shared a Kit-Kat and just had fun. I studied a bit for test I just took today and I think I did really well on. If I got anything less than a B on the test I really need to shoot myself in the foot because I knew majority of what was on that test.

Well, that's it for now. I work closing at the Dream Factory tonight and Saturday night. Blah, no fun. Oh well, at least I have a job and am making money for the Rammstein show I'm hopefully going to in December!!! First time since 2001 that they will be playing on United States soil. Why does it have to be in New York, all the way across the freaking country!! I'm going to try my hardest to go. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance to see them in concert again? Hell, when will they ever play in the United States again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment