Monday, August 16

Thought Vomit

Wow am I drained.  Got home from work about 11:40pm tonight.  The Dream Factory wasn't so bad today considering the shift I was given.  3-11pm and I was seating.  Score!  With how my body was feeling, I couldn't have been happier if I had met Seth Rogen.  Oh yea, I have a major celebrity crush on Mr. Rogen, don't judge me.  Speaking of celebrities, I met Turk, the guy from Scrubs (or since I never watched that show, Clueless for me).  He was really nice.  Shook my hand and everything.  It was pretty cool.  I was seating for a show of Scott Pilgrim VS The World when the previews were showing.  There's a new movie coming out called Devil, from the "brilliant" mind of M. Night Shamylan. Now, the beginning of the preview look kind of interesting.  When M. Night Shamylan's name flashed on the screen, the entire theater groaned.  I mean, it was almost a chorus of "Oh god, really?" fromt he audience.  I had to leave the theater I was laughing so much.  It was the single greatest thing I have witnessed since I started working there.  Well, besides an interaction between a father and his daughter two weeks ago during one of my concession shifts.  The daughter ordered a regular popcorn and then her dad ordered a large popcorn for himself.  She looked up at her dad, rubbed her hand on his bulgy gut and said, "You see this? You don't need that!" 

I nearly fell over in hysterical laughter.

I'm currently drinking some honey vanilla camomille tea in order to make myelf sleepy.  I've been working a ton of closing or nearly closing shifts lately and I haven't been tired when I do end up getting off work early.  Talking with Orchy about reading and writing.  I think he's my main buddy in that subject.  I know Dreamer and I talk about books, but we mainly talk about the characters and stuff that happens in the books.  Orchy and I talk about aspects of the books, how we felt about it, etc.  I really do enjoy our conversations about that stuff.  Especially when it comes to writing.  He's one of the main people who got me started on a blog because he encouraged me to write out my thoughts so I might feel better.  Little did he know it but I was going through quite a depression at the time.  He helped me tons.  

We were talking about Stephen King because Orchy was finishing up Misery as we talked.  I'm a third generation Stephen King fan.  Started reading his short stories when I was in 5th grade.  My favorite story was called Suffer The Little Children.  Very creepy and disturbing little novella.  Absolutely recommend it.  It's in the Nightmares & Dreamscapes collection.  We got onto the topic of some of my favorite childhood memories.  They pretty much all involve my mom reading to me.  The most memorable were her reading the Chronicles of Narnia books to me.  From there I just kind of rambled for a bit.  

I once thought about making a children's book.  Like short story compilations or something.  It's still something I'd like to do.  Who know's if I'll ever accomplish it though?  

The world may never know.

I've been talking with a friend from overseas about college and stuff.  He made me feel a bit better when he said he took seven years to finish up his first college degree.  I'm coming up on year five, sadly.  He's extremely smart, so to hear him say that when I don't think I am, made me feel better.  I truly do not think I'm smart.  There are times when I'm around my friends that I just totally feel dumb because I have no idea what they are talking about.  I'm very logical though.. in a abstract kind of way.  I just think I lack the smarts people credit me for.  My overseas friend said, "I think what you might lack is some personal belief...you are smart but, the lack of self confidence will affect your ability if you aren't able to develop it...."  He may be right.  I don't know.

Well, I'm finally getting pretty sleepy.  Time to go flop onto my bed and pass out listening to classical.  I know that sounds a little silly, especially for a girl at my age, but don't underestimate it's power to soothe you.  It does it for me.  

Have a great night all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment